It started with the touch of a hand



It has been a bumpy road right from the start, but there has been fire between us all along.
Our relationship has been full of all sorts of drama caused by several other people, and has been criticized for the way it all started, but you know what? none of that matters!

You love me for who I am... my psychotic rantings and all. I know that it didn't quite start out the way that we think would be idealistic... But I still think the beginning is sweet, so long as we black out a few parts. You know what I'm talking about...


It all started with us watching... what was it again? Oh yes, first it was
1. I am legend
2. It follows
3. Silent Hill 2 :  Revelation
4. Some of Resident Evil : Retribution

We started holding hands through "it follows" ... It all started with you gently running your fingers along the cushion between us, then you picked up a toy forklift or something of that nature, and started rolling it back and forth. I remember you messaging me on facebook even though we sat side by side... You said " Need to distract myself or I'll end up holding your hand" or something in that context.

When "it follows" was done, your fingers were very lightly grazing the top of my hand, but so gently, so innocently. You were so shy and nervous that it was refreshing, however it caused me to be extremely nervous! When Sharon's father got kidnapped in Silent Hill 2, I finally decided to squeeze your hand tightly. Neither of us let go until roughly 30 minutes into Resident Evil, and that was only because we both needed our sleep, as it was probably 2am or so.

I remember getting up and standing in your doorway, leaning in to hug you and your arms wrapping so tightly around my body, I could feel your heartbeat against my chest, I could smell your aftershave. I didn't want you to let go. I wanted to stay in that moment, in your arms forever. When we did part, you looked down at me, seeming to be uncertain of what to do.
I stood on the tips of my toes and leaned in to kiss you. Your lips tasted like candy that night. There was a soft, gently silk to the featherlight kiss, and a hint of sugar lingered on your lower lip.

I went home smiling and SQUEALING from happiness.
I was so confused though... so worried. I wasn't supposed to fall in love with you, but it was definitely worth it. I will never regret breaking the rules. I will never regret us. Ever. Even if it did upset and hurt a few people in the process. It was worth it.

I remember the very first time I spent the night with you, I remember laying against your bare chest the soft moonlight gently dancing through the window against our skin. I remember feeling the warmth of your body, I could hear your heart beat quickly beating, as if it were trying to escape your chest. If it could, I would've caught it and kept it safe.
I remember looking into your eyes, and the blood pumping so fast through my veins.
I kept thinking " God, this is way too soon.... is this normal? should I say it? no... yes! YES! say it!! tell him!"

I remember taking a deep breath, and in a voice just above a whisper, saying " I love you" for the very first time. I remember the smile you wore, I remember the tremble of your voice when you whispered that you love me too.

I remember walking with you to go have a morning coffee and some brunch, and you muttering something about a relationship. Once again, I apologize for my terrible ears.
I remember standing on the tips of my toes and asking you to be mine, and you saying yes.
I remember our long, passionate kiss being interrupted by one of the coffee shop employees.

I remember when we walked downtown together and you said "fiance" Then tried to cover it up by saying something about finances and french fries. I remember you talking quickly, and being so full of energy! I remember us walking along the walking bridge, and you getting down on one knee and looking up into my eyes then standing up. And I still don't know why I took that moment for granted. It was sweet. You kept teasing me and saying that you had a ring in your pocket though.
I remember going to "The Breeze" jewelry store and trying on engagement rings with you. My heart couldn't stop pounding in my chest. I couldn't even look at you, because I was  worried I'd start getting emotional in front of the jeweler. Emotional in a good way, just to clarify.
I couldn't stop smiling all day after that.

I remember the candle lit dinner, the thai noodles with boiled veggies and pork schnitzel.
You pushed your chair away from me and got down on one knee, looked me in the eyes, took my hand in yours, and presented me with a ring... of keys.

There was a time before then when you proposed to me with a candy ring pop, and the time before that when you wrote "will you marry me?" on my poster.
I still have the date that you wrote that saved. It was November 29th.
We officially became a couple November 14th, and you formally proposed to me December 14th.

I remember the first time we kissed too... that was November 3rd.
It may not always seem like it my darling, but I cherish every moment with you.
Though there are days when I am distant and cold, there are times when I yell and get very vicious and angry, I never truly mean it.

You are the love of my life. And you love and accept me for all the crazy that I am, and for the sweet and charming that I can be.

I can't wait to spend the rest of my life with you, and I can't wait to be your wife.
I am insanely in love with you and I can't imagine life without you at this point.
Thought we began or relationship not so long ago, it feels as if you've known me my whole life.

And to think, it all started with the touch of a hand.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I think I'm paranoid

I'm not okay

“I am Jack's complete lack of surprise. I am Jack's Broken Heart.”