Monsters among men



I'm discovering something... That the world is full of darkness.
You can open your eyes wide, and take a good look around, but there's a chance you won't see it.
Here's the issue with humanity, we are harsh.
People adapt under severe circumstances, but can we really change at will?
I used to think so. I used to think that all it takes is the realization you are not a good person, and the will to become a good person... But oh, it takes so much more than that.
It feels as though monsters walk among us. No, not demons or beasts or evil spirits, or even evil darkness possessing people. Don't let these people make any fucking excuses! There are people out there in the world who are truly corrupt and sadistic, selfish, manipulative and cunning. They lie. They say they are good people, with good intentions. They claim to be loving, that they are accepting and loving. If you are any of these good, wholesome things... why would you feel the need to reassure anyone that you are good? If you are telling the truth, there isn't really a need to say " Trust me, I'm being honest." Only liars say this. If you are a good person, with good intentions, and honesty... well, then you don't need to reassure anyone, do you?

People figure things out on their own.

The issue I have been having with people as of late, is that I have been getting hurt, let down, the promises made to me have been broken. I have been left disappointed and heart broken.
I put my trust in monsters, time and time again. They tell me that they have changed, that they are better now. And I keep believing it!

Something I've learned recently, it's okay to wear your heart on your sleeve...
And it's okay to wear a bit of body armor too.

Oh, I have a heart. I've been told I have a big heart of gold... But I'm no longer allowing myself to be stupid enough to have it chiseled or taken from me.

This heart is learning.
There are monsters among men, so make sure to get a good look.

TORH Xo
-Dev

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I think I'm paranoid

I'm not okay

“I am Jack's complete lack of surprise. I am Jack's Broken Heart.”