Run away, dear heart.

What's the point of having one, when it only causes pain?




So this is the sting of rejection. Again, and again.
Should I just rip my heart out of my chest and give it to you?
Watch you stomp it to mush and set it on fire until there's nothing left?
That's how rejection feels. It is humiliating, to spill your heart out only to watch the other person step aside, allowing everything to just fall to the floor and crumble.

Should my heart run away? I can't guard it any longer, I can't stop getting hurt.
It feels as though REAL love doesn't exist.
Pick someone you can tolerate and call it a day. There is no such thing as devotion, of love.
Words for a fucking harlequin romance and nothing more.
Sure, you might actually FEEL the emotions that are known to man as "love", but other people? Heh...They don't feel the same. It isn't returned. Good luck finding a perfect match.

You might find someone you think is perfect, but they aren't and neither are you.
Everyone has flaws and eventually those flaws show through, and that person leaves you.
Go ahead, fall in love. I fucking dare you.

No one wants to feel that horrid pain of a breakup or rejection, yet we keep breaking hearts and rejecting people. People don't even give each other chances anymore. One look, and they've made up their minds.


Consider this the ranting of a heart that's blood has run cold.
Rip it from my chest and hide it, because that's the only way it'll ever be safe.



- TORH, Dev </3

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I think I'm paranoid

I'm not okay

“I am Jack's complete lack of surprise. I am Jack's Broken Heart.”