Speaking without talking

"When we first met, I had no idea you'd mean so much to me."

When I'm with you, in your arms time has a different meaning. It isn't measured by the ticking hands of a clock that mark each second, it's measured by the steady beating of our hearts, the slow, calm breaths we take, the laughter that fills the air. Time suddenly becomes unmeasurable.

No one else matters in those sweet, quiet moments, it's just us.
Your arms wrap around me, and I fall into you, I surrender all my insecurities and toss them to the wind, I take a deep breath and tell you that I wish I could stop biting my tongue, that I'm doing everything I can not to let those words escape my lips, and you tell me to just let go. You know what I'm about to say, and I think it's because you feel it.
It's in the air all around us, it's in the breaths we take, and the way our eyes twinkle when we catch each others gaze. It's in the sweet smiles and the innocent, contagious laughter. It's in the warmth of your fingers locked in mine. It's in the way we hold each other, so tightly that it feels we'll never let go, it feels as if we're melting together.

When I lay in your arms in the wee hours of the early morning, before the sun rises, before the birds begin to sing their happy, cheerful songs; it feels as if we are alone in the universe. There's this magic in the air, this exciting mystery. What will each moment, each day bring?

Let those sweet, special moments build up, let the heartbeats continue to beat to the seconds, let the magic linger in the air a few moments longer.


I want to say it so badly, but I want to wait til the right moment. I'll stop biting my tongue soon.
I want to say it in a way that ripples and echoes throughout the universe. I want to say it in a way that makes time stand still. I want top say it in a way that fills you up, so that you feel it too.

There will come a day when I will say it out loud. but for now I say it in the way I smile at you, the way my eyes brighten and sparkle when they gaze at you, I say it in the way I lean in and press my head against your chest, listening to your steady heartbeats. I say it with the way that I wrap my arms into yours, and the way I hold myself to you. I say it with everything except my words. And, somehow... I think you can hear it.

Sometime, I will say it out loud.
Until then, I'll simply show you. I'll say it in all the ways I can.
You can hear me, even when I'm speaking without talking.
You can hear my heart beat quickening, and my breath shaking, you can feel the warmth radiating from me, the desperation when I hold you, not wanting to let go. Silently, I say it.
In those moments where time stands still, when it seems to be only us in the universe, you can hear me say what I've yet to say out loud. You can hear me saying " I love you" with every breath I take, with every beat of my heart.

TORH <3
- Dev Xo


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I think I'm paranoid

I'm not okay

“I am Jack's complete lack of surprise. I am Jack's Broken Heart.”